Orthodontic treatment is necessary in cases with dental, skeletal and functional abnormalities of the mouth.
Orthodontic treatment in children that are at least 9 years old. Our aim is to:
1. Improve the facial aesthetics and smile.
2. Provide the conditions that are necessary for proper oral hygiene.
3. Establish harmonic relationship between the teeth and the jaws.
4. Improve the chewing function.
5. Improve the vocal ability of the young patient.
Angle unilateral II class case with upper dental arch and increased horizontal alignment. Fixed mechanisms were applied to the upper and lower jaws to fix the lateral dentinal position in the dental arch and restore occlusion.
The same incident in a lateral view. A harmonious relationship between the upper and lower 1st molars and canines was achieved, as well as the arrangement in the dental arch of the second premolar and lateral segment of the upper jaw.